Research shows that employers view the ability to work in teams as the most desirable trait because teamwork is essential to the productivity of a business.
So what exactly is a team?
A team is a small group of people with complimentary skills who are committed to a common purpose, with aligning performance goals and approaches for which they hold themselves mutually accountable. There are five stages to the development of a team; Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, and Adjourning.
- The Forming stage is when members are oriented and are becoming acquainted with each other.
- Storming is the stage when individual personalities and roles emerge. It is necessary for team members to learn to navigate this stage well as this is when conflict emerges between members.
- The Norming stage is when members resolve their conflicts, relationships develop, and unity emerges.
- The Performing Stage is when results begin to appear as they start to solve problems and complete the assigned tasks.
- The last stage is Adjournment, when the members prepare for disbandment as their objective has been completed.
Understanding these five stages of team formation is important for managers and leaders as they can assist employees in creating good team relationships – an imperative for a successful career.
We definitely know the importance of teamwork at Bubu and Friends! Since we’re all located across the world from each other, teamwork has been an essential part of this company from the start. If you’re launching your overseas business and are unsure of how to find top quality candidates with great teamworking skills, our Talent Solution services could help. Contact us here for more detailed information.